POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : bug in texture_map : Re: bug in texture_map Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:25:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bug in texture_map
From: Bob H
Date: 21 Sep 2001 05:39:19
Message: <3bab0ac7@news.povray.org>
"Bonsai" <bon### [at] b0n541net> wrote in message

> On an other machine (Athlon 1 GHz, 392 MB RAM, Win 98 SE, POV-Ray 3.5
> Beta 2) POV-Ray tells me more about the problem:
>
> A dialog box appears: Failed to allocate display bitmap
>
> and in the render window I can read:
>
> StretchDIBits () failed! (Windows error)
>
> Hmm, maybe there is a problem with the editor and not with the
> texture_map.
>
> After restarting POV-Ray everything renders o.k.

No, it must be a bug.  Either that or Ron hasn't let us know (via Help docs)
that the cells pattern can't use above 128 entries in a blend (color) map.
Pretty bad crash you found there.  First time through it I didn't even get a
error dialog, although successive times did show me the usual kernel.exe
error.
The display failure kind of hints at something more to it but I didn't get
any such thing happening here so I don't know if it's related specifically
to that cells pattern crash or just a side effect.

Sure hope Ron Parker has some answers or it might be with us awhile.

Bob H.